Monday 28 May 2012

What if I can't think of a title?

Lots of people have asked me recently whether I was planning on writing a blog while I'm away.

Well, no. Not really.


But thinking about it, it would be nice to have some way for people to keep up with what I'm doing. Also, if I update it frequently enough it might stop me from forgetting everything. I can just imagine the conversation in 6 months time...


Someone else: So how was your trip?
Me: uhhh.....yeah......good. I think?



I guess everyone who reads this will probably know what I am planning on doing, but just in case.

The plan is to start from somewhere in the UK and ride my motorbike to Kuala Lumpur via central Asia, Mongolia, Japan and anywhere else where I get lost lots of other places on the way. Well, that's the plan. Given past experience I am likely to arrive in France and turn right.

Once in KL I will be working for a couple months so my latest arrival date is pretty much fixed. I have 6 months to get there from here. With my leaving date of yesterday that should be plenty of time.


The only minor hiccup so far is that I only have 2 visas (out of 9ish), one of my passports is lost in former soviet bureaucratic hell, I have no carnet de passage, no tent, no ferry bookings, I haven't left yet and if I don't get moving soon the visas I do have will expire. Also, the rear wheel on my bike fell apart last week.


This can only end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment