Monday 28 May 2012

Visas

So with my departure date rapidly disappearing into the past, time for a brief summary of the visa situation:

Kyrgyzstan - Done, visa in passport

Iran - Approved, waiting to be collected in Istanbul. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to collect it, and there is a good chance I won't make it to Istanbul before it expires

Tajikistan - Absolutely no idea. Passport has been with the embassy for 2 weeks now. Apparently the visa has been issued and my passport is in the mail, but I'm not holding my breath

Uzbekistan - Started, they have the application and a photocopy of my passport, but are refusing to speak to me

Turkmenistan - Can't start until I have stamps for Iran and Uzbekistan. It's ok though - there is some guy somewhere in Iran who apparently can sort everything out

Kazakhstan - Application filled out, sitting on the kitchen table since I couldn't be bothered to go to London this morning. Probably can't be bothered to go tomorrow either.

Russia - Waiting on letter of invitation (meant to arrive on Wednesday), after that it should be simple. However, I have got a new bike since starting this application so the details will be wrong. I expect that this is a problem that can only be solved with large piles of cash

Mongolia - Trying not to think about it

No comments:

Post a Comment