Friday 15 June 2012

Goodbye, cruel world

After many, many delays the first day of judgement has finally arrived. In about 10 hours I will supposedly be on a train to France. 6 months later I will arrive in Kuala Lumpur.

Not that any of that implies that I am ready. To be honest, I don't even have travel insurance yet. I have no idea whether the bike will fall apart in the morning due to some rather dubious bodging earlier today. I just found out that the very expensive laptop charger I bought doesn't work with my laptop. None of my camping equipment has been tested. The GPS and other electrical stuff isn't wired into the bike. I have what looks like enough tools to rebuild the engine (actually, I just have about 200 size 12 spanners and a hammer), but very little technical knowledge. I have 2 paper maps, but neither of them tells me how to get to Ancona where I have very optimistically committed myself to being in 4 days to catch a ferry.

To make things worse, looking out the window makes me think I should be travelling by ark instead of motorbike.


Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

1 comment: